Ask your draw questions to give them the perfect gift without giving away your identity.
To ask anonymous questions within your Gift Exchange:
- Click on the name of your Gift Exchange from your Home page.
- Click Participating in the left column.
- Select the name of the person you would like to send a question to, including the person you have drawn in the Gift Exchange, as well as any of the other Gift Exchange participants if that option is available in your Gift Exchange.
- Your organizer may choose to make that option available only to the person who drew your name.
- Click on the name of the person, and you will see the option to Send a Message or Ask a Question on the left-hand side.
❓Secret Q&A (Ask a Question)
Secret Q&A questions are sent anonymously. You can use the suggested questions provided on the screen or create your own. When you send a question to someone, they will get a notification via email and also in their Elfster account. The recipient may choose to answer or dismiss the question. If they answer the question, you will receive an email notification and the answer will be posted on the person's Activity Feed. This includes Activity Feeds associated with other Gift Exchanges they may be participating in.
✨Ice Breaker questions are special Secret Q&A questions an organizer can create for participants to answer while RSVPing.
By default, messages to the person you drew are marked to send anonymously. If you uncheck the Send Anonymously box, your name will be displayed.
⚠️Unfortunately, we can't retrieve messages once they are sent, so be careful if you uncheck the box.
🕵️Unless your organizer has disabled the ability to send anonymous messages to people other than whom you drew–you can send messages anonymously to other participants. Just be sure to check the box! ✅
Messages can be viewed on your own account by tapping on the talk bubble 💬 at the top of your homepage.
Messages are private. Other participants will not be able to view your messages and answers.
✨If you receive a Secret Q&A question you feel is inappropriate, use the three dots to the right to Remove it or Flag it as inappropriate.
✨If you receive a message you feel is inappropriate, please contact our helper elves to have it removed.